Current OMT Projects:
- Education: We are currently educating the public about saving water, recycling and reusing resources, cleaning up water ways, vermicomposting, and rescuing bees and small animals.
- Once you complete courses provided on this website through OMT-University you get certified as an " Aftermeal Ambassadors". You now are ready to join us in our battle against waste creation, to facilitate recycling, reuse and saving as much of this earth as possible.
- We are doing public speaking at clubs like ToastMasters, Garden Clubs, Eagles, Lions, Rotary, MasterGardeners, and you can contact us to speak to your club.
- We are happy to hold events such as petting zoo time, barbeques, and onsite classes about composting, recycling, rescuing bees and other beneficial insects and animals, and saving water.
- We promote recycling and reusing of nearly everything.
- We promote the recycling of ice (into usable gray water) in restaurants and other facilities, to save water. " Ice " is not yet identified as a wasted resource, but for the patented invention of Edward David Jones, the " Water Reclamation Canister ". This too will change. This will bring awareness to the vast amount of wasted water in the form of ice. Which once added to the regular waste cycle, creates toxic garbage, and renders other items in the waste cycle unusable and heavy.
- We are using red worms to recycle cardboard, coffee waste, food waste, rabbit and guinea pig litter, and garden waste.
- We are educating restaurants to recycle plastic straws and utensils and where they can be recycled into usable plastic beads for roads or blocks for building.
- We are rescuing guinea pigs and rabbits who help us recycle garden and yard waste, and turn it into fertilizer and worm food. We help the local animal control have fewer animals they care for and rehome.
- We are chipping up branches and cuttings from tree services, and turning it into compost.
- We are using tree branches to sell to owners of rabbits and guinea pigs for chews.
- We are using recycled items to make homes for native bees, and beneficial insects.
- We are accepting swarms of bees that might otherwise be destroyed by pest control companies, and installing them in hives, feeding the bees, checking their health and activity, then finding homes for the healthy hives. We will also be keeping some bees, and giving them more hives to swarm into, so that we can assist the repopulation of our vital and endangered honeybees.
- We plan to organize Garden Clubs, Veterans, Homeless, Boy and Girl Scouts, and other club members into a volunteer force to do environmental pick up and clean up.
- We will organize trash pick up days in Cities and Towns, particularly along beaches, rivers and creeks.
- We will appoint trained "Aftermeal Ambassadors" in other towns to organize clean up days.
- We will sell worms, worm food and housing containers to anyone who is willing to recycle with vermicompost.
We will accept donations of deliveries by Uber or Lyft or other driving services of their time to pick up and deliver cardboard, coffee grounds, and other waste from restaurants to our recycling facility.
Wasted energy and operational inefficiencies throughout your organization can be turned into cash. And we're not speaking figuratively here. costing American businesses more than $24 billion a year. Just as important as food preparation and presentation, is waste preparation for dispersement.
Of the total food prepared in US restaurants over 60% goes to wasteâ€¦ Proper preparation of these wasted items could result in spawning various recyclable industries. including pet foods directly to the customer in the form of "doggie bags". Wasted food is still composed of carbons, proteins, fats oils and grease. Which should be disposed of in a manner, " ecologically ", respectful to the ecology. IE: vegetable waste can be disposed of via a compositing manner, animal waste can be targeted towards an industry which would facilitate pet foods, farm animals etc. oils can be refined to get a second life from them, while plastics should not be introduced into our landfills whatsoever.
One of the higher motivating factors of " OMTsystem.org " would be to become an organizing force towards bringing the various recycling industries together. We are seeking to use recyclable waste matter to develop new building material to foster low cost housing and using veterans and homeless to get the job done. Which in turn fosters housing for them.
We will bring our forces together to develop programs and systems to forster separation of waste matter that it can be recycled easier, cheeper, cleaner. We will develope systems to clean waste matter from our streets, rivers, and thusly our oceans and larger bodies of water.
We will develop training materials and video programs to educate the public of the plight that entails garbage in America.
Please help by making a donation to our cause. Because its your cause. "WE" only got one boat!